Search This Blog

_

1.13.2011

Favorite Books

Before you read this, note I am a teen, I like easy reads, I do read some adult litature, but I tend to stick with my level books.
My favorite casual books


1. Unwind by Neal Shusterman,
This is my Favorite books, I read and pondered and dreamed up crazy possibilities! It was so fun to read, and even fun-er to read this is a book club. There were so many discussions.

2. Hickory Dickory Death by Agatha Christie
Who doesn’t love a great mystery, Agatha Christie (in my humble opinion) is one of the most phenomenal writers and mystery writer of all time. I am currently reading The Clocks written by her. And I love it!

3. Notes from a midnight driver Jordan Sonnenblick
Jordan visited my 8th grade class near the end of the school year and talked about his books,
He was so funny I decided to read his books, and I love this one. It is so funny. Here is the basis of the book
“Alex Gregory is a 16-year-old boy. One night while his mom was on her date and his dad ran off with his third-grade teacher, Alex decided to get drunk. He took his mom's car and decided to pay his dad a visit. The next thing he knows he hit a $500 lawn gnome and was puking on a police officer. To pay back the $500 Alex has to do 100 hours of community service at a nursing home. He is assigned to an elderly man who has the ability to run a volunteer worker home in tears” There are a lot of surprises.

4. Little Women (Great Illustrated Classics) by Louisa May Alcott
Yeah, yeah, I know juvinille, but it remains as one of my favorite reads. I read it often, and I have fond memories of reading the whole book (being in 3rd grade that was a HUGE accomplishment) on thanksgiving, I had received it as a thanksgiving present and read it over and over.

5. The Giver by Lois Lowry
I loved this book, it’s on my need to read again list. It’s a story about a really interesting utopian society where one person is assigned to remember all of the memories of joy and sorrow.

6. City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
This book is nothing but adventure! It is exciting and defiantly a page turner.

And my favorite book The Book of Mormon


1. The Book of Mormon
I love to read the Book of Mormon, I have a testimony of it, and I know the words are true.



Photobucket

No comments: